In keeping with the mandate from IDEA, Milan Special School District's Special Populations Department seeks to provide the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) for all students. This means the door to schools, classrooms, and school activities are open to every student and they are afforded every opportunity to be included with their non-disabled peers. A continuum of services is available for each student based on the IEP team decision on the placement of those services – either in general education or special education setting. The focus is on giving each student the help he/she needs to learn.
We Believe . . . .
- All individuals are important and valued
- All individuals have unique needs and abilities
- All individuals can learn and succeed
- All situations are unique
- All individuals deserve a safe educational environment
- All individuals have access to all services
- All members of the community impact the learning experience of all individuals
- All individuals have access to training to increase knowledge and skills
- All individuals develop to their fullest potential when educators, parents, students and the community work together, thus providing a seamless learning environment